Johnston County Home Educators of NC (JCHE) is a Christian organization formed to strengthen and encourage homeschooling families in and around Johnston County, North Carolina. Membership is available to all homeschooling families who pledge to uphold the ideals of JCHE.
The purpose of JCHE shall be:
- To bring glory and honor to God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by offering ministry, support, and encouragement to one another as homeschool families.
- To serve as a resource, support, and communication network to the homeschool community.
- To provide academic, social, and ministerial opportunities.
- To promote homeschooling in our community as an educational alternative.
- To preserve freedom of choice in education.
JCHE holds that the ideals of home education are:
- Parents have God-given authority and a constitutional right over their children, and responsibility for their education and discipline (Deuteronomy 6:5-9).
- Educational excellence.
- Diligence in moral and ethical instruction.
- Responsible citizenship.